The Sennheiser HD 800 S’s striking industrial design merges both form and function with ease. The layered plastic and metal headband construction attenuate sound vibrations to the earcups and the earpads made up of handmade microfiber offer exceptional comfort for long listening periods and enjoyment.
- Open-back, dynamic stereo headphones.
- 56mm Ring radiator transducers.
- Innovative absorber technology that reduces unwanted peaks in frequency responses.
- Unique ear cup design carved at a slight angle.
- Includes two connecting cables: Single ended 6.3mm and Balanced 4-pin XLR
What’s in the box?
- Sennheiser 800 Series HD 800 S Headphones
- Cable with 6.3mm jack connector
- Balanced cable with XLR4 connector
- Microfibre cleaning cloth
- USB flash drive
The HD 800 open back headphones is built to precision in Germany and crafted to perfection from the finest materials and components. For instance, the transducer component is encased in stainless steel, and the headband and headphone mounting utilizes advanced materials developed for minimum weight and high strength in the aerospace industry.
The upgraded HD 800 S offers even better features, i.e., high precision connectivity options supplied via two connection leads, a 6.3mm connector, and an XLR-4 balanced cable. Both of these connection leads offer better quality sound from sources with balanced outputs like amplifiers.
The HD 800 S’ enhanced sound reproduction is made possible by the addition of the innovative absorber technology pioneered in the Sennheiser IE 800. This breakthrough preserves the audibility of very high-frequency sounds by eliminating the “masking effect”, a phenomenon where the human ear struggles to accommodate sound frequencies when low frequencies of higher volumes clash. This patented innovation is what the IE 800 the world’s top in headphones,
The 56mm sound transducer is by far the largest ever used in dynamic headphones and sound is directed to the ears via the unique ear cup design carved at a slight angle to promote a natural and spatial listening experience.
- These wired headphones are optimized for the reference class
- Open, aural and dynamic stereo headphones
- Absorber technology for enhanced sound reproduction
- Single-ended 6.3mm with an additional balanced XLR4 connector for immersive audio experience
- High-class metal parts
- Natural hearing experience – both realistic and natural from the curved design of the earcups
- Fitted with the biggest dynamic transducers ever in headphone manufacturer, with the design being new and innovative
- Enhanced acoustics courtesy of the uncovered earcups
- High quality, hand-crafted ear pads, made of microfiber fabric
- Metal headband coupled with an inner damping element
- Specially tuned and balanced
- High precision headphone connectors
- Comes imbued with a 2-year warranty
It also effortlessly breaks down the barrier between the audio recording and playback equipment immersing the listener directly to the original music performance, eliciting the power of emotion commonly delivered through music.